Great Falls - The spout

Great Falls - The spout

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taekwondo

Josh and Alex went to a place called Top-Kick for a birthday party. I was a bit apprehensive about the atmosphere there as they all seem to be very military like and lots of conformity. Not that there is anything wrong with that type of thing but for a 3yr old it seems a bit much. Once I saw how the session was run and saw that they seemed to have a good time and in fact little Josh really liked it I felt ok with the rigid and structured activity.

Josh has been having some anger issues at pre-school and I have been working with him to channel it in a more positive way other then to strike other human beings that piss him off. This is a far cry from Alex by the way so a little new for me. Anyway I think this Taekwondo thing may be a good tool to help the little beast control his anger and get some energy released. Today was his first session and he again seemed to like it and the uniform is a hit too. He is wearing the outfit as I type this and no telling how long it is going to stay on him. I just hope this is not too pricy but As a new student he got a free uniform and 8 sessions for free and after that we must plunk down some cold hard cash. We will soon see if he sticks with it. 

Josh 005

No comments: