Great Falls - The spout

Great Falls - The spout

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Snowpocalypse

Snow means well I think we all know the answer and Apocalypse means "An Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure to certain privileged persons of something hidden from the majority of mankind. Today the term often refers to Armageddon or the end of the world, which may be a shortening of the phrase apokalupsis eschaton, literally "revelation at the end of the æon, or age". In Christianity The Apocalypse of John is the Book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible."From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. So this term Snopocalypse seems to fit for me just fine. A bit on the scary side per the definition but this monster snow storm beats any storm I have ever been through. The last time it snowed like this in Washington was back in 1922 and not to many people alive today to remember it. My back deck has 21inches and my lower deck had more in the range of 30inches but snow tends to swirl and collect back there. My oldest asked me if he had to go outside because he was afraid he would be berried but I assured him that I would not let that happen. My youngest went out with out a hitch as no fear has set yet in his mind. Oh and on a side note he is potty trained at 2yrs 11 months old but I'll save that story for another blog post. Here are a few snow pics for you all to enjoy.





No comments: