Great Falls - The spout

Great Falls - The spout

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Musical beds

Being that my wife has a strong Filipino culture ingrained in her it is the custom to co-sleep with the kids at birth and then to move them on to their own bed in time. Well that time has come for our not so little Alex. The past month or so we have been weening him to his own bed that that my dad and Mary Ann got us last year for Christmas. The first night was blood curdling screams of misery and protest. Not a fun night by the way! I did the time for the crime and so now he goes in their with out protest but and I repeat but There is a list of must do's for this to happen. First; I must go with him and carry him, Second; I must have his water ready and available, and Thirdly; I must stay until he is completely asleep and absolutely no sneaking out or a tongue lashing will accrue. Daddy You left me, I'm afraid of the beaver ect. ect. So it is best to just stay put until the inevitable snore of a three year old. The funny thing is that at 0200hrs or so I mysteriously wake up to a little boy next to me sleeping soundly. Oh well at least he sleeps in his bed to start.

2 comments:

Don said...

I feel your pain, Patrick. We've gone through the same exact thing as you, and Ian still does the same thing. I'll wake up all mushed up on the way edge of the mattress and I'll flip over and get a whiff of his nasty breath.

It does get better with time, though...so stick with it and soon enough you'll be able to stretch out again!

Patrick the Home Dad said...

Good to hear I am not alone in this crazyness. Lastnight he came to my side and yeah his breath is lovely at that hour!ack!!