Great Falls - The spout

Great Falls - The spout

Friday, February 23, 2007

Alex antics

Alex's antics this week have been out of control. Whine for this whine for that and it is about to make me loose the rest of what little hair I have left of 43 yrs. I have been told by many seasoned parents that these battles of will must be won at all costs. But the cost of my sanity is taking a toll. With the never ending winter doldrums to the impending birth of our new addition and the uncomfortable mommy in the house it is about to drive the toughest of parents to the edge. Last night at dinner was a site to behold. Alex wanted ice cream for dinner and he is able to open the freezer now grab it and run. It took an hour of screaming and physical restraint to win this battle in addition to every ounce of patience on my part. In the end he ate his prescribed food and had his ice cream there after but why do kids go the hard road. I guess because they can and I wonder what tonight will bring. Home brew will cure anything but that is another post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on ya for sticking to your guns. It's incredibly easy to just go, "oh, fug it" and let it go. Kids need structure and by enforcing the limits you show that you love them, so stick with it!

Patrick the Home Dad said...

Thanks for reading. And we are holding our own.