Great Falls - The spout

Great Falls - The spout

Saturday, April 21, 2007

First hair cut

I had been thinking about this for a while now and trying to decide on how to go forth with the operation. The act of cutting hair is painless and fun for the most part but then I realized that this was my way of looking at it and not necessarily my sons. I remembered one of my stay at home dad buddies over at the forum say "look at it through his or her perspective" this is good advise for any new thing you try to teach your child.
So what I did was first ask him if he could help daddy cut his hair and of course he jumped at the chance as all kids this age seem to. I turned on the trimmer and started to cut my hair and said wow this is fun and asked if he wanted to try. I got a full hearted one word answer and that was "NO" Ok so plan B; this was to put him in my lap and have him take the sheers and cut daddy's hair and be advised the trimmer was off. We did this for a few passes and then we did his and he liked it and giggled all the way. I then turned on the clippers after I had his trust and the first swipe came off a huge clump of hair. His eyes got big as golf balls but loved it. He kept giggling and feeling his head for the new lose of hair all the way through the cut.
I had anticipated a big melt down and much resistance to this new choir but as it turned out it was nothing like a chore but more of a joy. I had a great time too and look forward to the next cut. Here are some before and after pic's.

No comments: